Our digestive Indian ghee is pure clarified butter made from non-homogenized cow's milk and flavored with organic cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger. The difference between grass fed ghee and butter is that the protein solids and sugars are removed from ghee, yielding a healthier option for cooking than butter. Pure Indian Foods' digestive ghee is easy on the stomach, and features a similar taste to Chai Tea, giving it a subtle depth of flavor.
How to use Digestive Ghee
- Stir Digestive Ghee into hot cooked oatmeal.
- Use melted Digestive Ghee in place of oil when making granola.
- Stir a tsp of Digestive Ghee into hot milk; add honey, vanilla or rose water. Please note that Ayurveda recommends that ghee and honey should not be mixed in equal quantity by weight. One spoon of honey weighs the same as one and a half spoons of ghee.
- Warm Digestive Ghee with maple syrup and a drop of vanilla – pour over pancakes.
- Top French toast with Digestive Ghee.
- Make cinnamon toast with Digestive Ghee, cinnamon, and brown sugar; broil until crispy.
- Melt Digestive Ghee over hot baked sweet potatoes.
- Stir a tsp of Digestive Ghee into warm rice pudding or tapioca.
- Stir Digestive Ghee into hot couscous; serve with vegetables, lamb, chicken, or legumes.
- Saute sliced apples, pears, figs and dates in Digestive Ghee; use as a topping for hot cereals, ice cream, yogurt, or stirred into rice and served as a side dish to a main meal.
- Use Digestive Ghee in place of pats of butter on top of apples and pears when making pies, crisps, and cobblers.
- Melt Digestive Ghee in warmed coconut milk and drink it as is or with a spoonful of dark chocolate chips stirred in.