Tamarind Paste is made from the concentrated fruit of the tamarind tree. Use it to add a sour, sweet-tart flavor to chutneys, curries, sauces, stir fries, and noodle dishes like pad thai.
INGREDIENT: Organic Tamarind Pulp.
Product of India. Certified Organic by NJDA
Simple Pad Thai
This recipe is vegetarian, paleo friendly, gluten-free and Whole30® compliant.
- Cooked pad thai rice noodles
- 3 TBSP cococut ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2-1/2 TBSP tamarind paste
- 2-1/2 TBSP water
- 1-1/2 TBSP fish sauce
- 1-1/2 TBSP simple syrup
- 3 scallions, halved and cut in 1 in pieces
- 2 TBSP crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 lime wedges
Heat ghee/oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg; stir until barely set, about 30 seconds. Add noodles and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sprouts. Add tamarind water, fish sauce, and simple syrup and stir-fry until sauce is absorbed by noodles and noodles are well coated, about 1 minute. Stir in scallions and 1 TBSP peanuts and toss well. Serve, garnished with remaining peanuts, lime wedges, and chili flakes.
- 1-1/2 TBSP cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or coconut cream
- 3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBSP honey
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup tamarind concentrate
- 1-1/2 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
In a dry skillet, roast cumin seeds until aromatic. Whisk together cumin seeds and all other ingredients in a bowl. Toss with veggies, such as cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, cucumbers, and green onions.
- Add a spoonful to any chili, curry, or dal for a rich and sour sweetness.
- Tamarind pairs perfectly with chocolate and warm spices like cinnamon and ginger. Try it in your next chocolate or gingerbread cake.
Thin with milk, sweeten with sugar, then use as a glaze on banana bread.
Mix a couple teaspoons with lemon juice, ginger-infused simple syrup, and water to make lemonade.
- Add it to a whiskey sour with ginger simple syrup. Garnish with mint or orange.
- Toss roasted vegetables from the oven with tamarind concentrate thinned with water or stock, then return to oven for 5-8 more minutes for a final crisp.