Lakadong Turmeric is a beautiful bright golden-yellow color that’s easily substituted for other turmeric varieties when cooking. Here are some ideas:
- Add to cooking grains, legumes, soups and stews
- Add to a lassi or milk shake, or to warm milk or non-dairy milk along with ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, a dash of black pepper and optional sweetener of choice
- Color natural frostings (cream cheese and honey, for example) with just a pinch of Lakadong Turmeric
- Blend with ginger, cumin, coriander and hing for a flavorful spice that’s delicious with vegetables, grains and meats
- Make Lakadong Turmeric tea by simmering 2 cups water with ¼ teaspoon Lakadong Turmeric for 10 minutes; strain and add lemon or natural sweetener of choice. If desired, add cinnamon, ginger, cream, milk, or coconut milk. For a quick and healthy “pick-me-up”, mix ½ teaspoon honey with ¼ teaspoon Lakadong Turmeric in a cup of warm water.
- Stir-fry shrimp or scallops in a spicy blend of Lakadong Turmeric, cayenne, salt, minced garlic and scallions
- Add a pinch to cream sauce for vegetables or pasta
- Add to a favorite vinaigrette, mayonnaise or a creamy salad dressing
- Add a pinch to banana, rice or coconut pudding
- Mix with dried or fresh parsley; sprinkle over poached eggs, or add to scrambled eggs or frittatas
- Add to meatloaf or meatballs
- Add to tumeric to barbeque sauce for basting meats like chicken, steak and chops
- Add a little to a homemade granola recipe along with golden Hunza raisins for a sunshiny treat
- Add a healthy pinch to homemade puris, chapattis and tortillas
The farmers who grow this special turmeric take great care while growing and cultivating, using only sustainable practices and never applying harsh chemicals. Lakadong Turmeric’s high potency means you may need a bit less - a little can go a long way.