It has an increased smoke point: Coconut oil has a low smoke point, limiting its uses in cooking. Blending with ghee naturally increases the smoke point, making our Coconut Ghee ideal for higher-heat cooking. Coconut ghee is ideal for baking, sauteing, stir-frying and more. It adds delicate, exquisite flavor to all of your favorite foods and recipes without an overpowering coconut flavor.
It's good for you: Both coconut oil and ghee are natural, health building fats that complement one another beautifully, providing nutritional excellence with great taste and versatility. Ghee is rich in fat-soluble vitamins and short-chain fatty acids, while coconut oil is rich in easily digestible medium-chain fatty acids that provide warmth and energy.
It's shelf stable: Unlike polyunsaturated fats, this blend is not susceptible to rancidity; it does not need refrigeration to stay fresh.
Ideas for how to Use PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee
- Use to caramelize onions.
- Saute mushrooms in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee with a splash of wine and a pinch of salt.
- Make coconut cream of asparagus soup: Simmer cut up asparagus in chicken stock until tender. Puree in a blender; add coconut milk and PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee. Season to taste with herbs and spices.
- Toss quartered sweet potatoes with melted PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee. Season with salt and pepper; bake at 400 degrees F until tender. Serve on a platter with pecans that have been sauteed in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and maple syrup.
- Combine minced garlic with plenty of dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley. Add salt, pepper, and enough PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee to make an herb paste; rub into a chicken and roast until done - be sure to baste with pan juices!
- Stir-fry greens such as kale, collards, and Swiss chard in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee for great flavor and digestibility.
- Coat root vegetables with PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, salt, and pepper; cover and roast at 425 degrees F until tender.
- Rub PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee into the skins of potatoes or sweet potatoes; prick with a fork and bake at 400 degrees F until tender.
- PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee is the secret to making perfect Hollandaise Sauce; it's a perfect butter substitute and it's easy to work with.
- Delicious in Bolognese Sauce as is or with olive oil.
- Mix 1/2 cup melted PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee with 1/2 cup olive oil; refrigerate in container with lid and use for sauteing, spreading, and in sauces calling for olive oil.
- Simmer PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and a sprig of fresh thyme. Add salt and pour over cooked fish.
- Use to saute lean turkey bacon; works great, tastes great, and won't stick to the pan.
- Melt PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Brush half over fish before baking and drizzle with the remainder before serving.
- Drizzle over fish, lobster, scallops, and crab.
- Make a wonderful meal by rubbing chicken breasts with a combination of PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 375 degrees F until done. Meanwhile, cook brown rice or quinoa pasta. Toss with PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Serve with a fresh green salad.
- Mix PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and coconut oil; saute bananas with brown sugar; top with cream or ice cream.
- Keep lips moist: use PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee in place of lip balm.
- Enjoy straight out of the jar!