Contains Organic Fennel, Organic Cardamom, Organic Saffron. Flavor has a slight hint of fennel and is subtly reminiscent of licorice with just a touch of cardamom and saffron.
How to use Indian Dessert Ghee
- Stir nuts in melted Indian Dessert Ghee then roast in oven until toasted.
- Spread Indian Dessert Ghee on toast.
- Replace oil with melted Indian Dessert Ghee in banana or date nut bread recipe.
- Top hot biscuits with Indian Dessert Ghee and honey. Please see important information about mixing ghee and honey below.
- Make healthy chocolate candy: Melt a bar of dark chocolate, stir in a tablespoon of Indian Dessert Ghee, some dried blueberries, cranberries, and cherries and some unsweetened flaked coconut. Spoon into lightly oiled ice cube trays and freeze until firm.
- Stir a tsp of Indian Dessert ghee into hot cooked cream of wheat; add toasted cashews and pecans and a just a bit of natural raw sugar.
- Fry potatoes, sweet potatoes, or cubes of butternut squash in Indian Dessert Ghee.
- Stir a spoonful of Indian Dessert Ghee into hot rice pudding, tapioca or chocolate pudding.
- Saute pistachio nuts, slivered almonds and raisins in Indian Dessert Ghee. Serve over hot cereal, or over pudding, custard, or ice cream.
- Spread Indian Dessert Ghee over pear halves. Drizzle with maple syrup and bake until tender.
- Saute bananas with a touch of brown sugar or coconut palm sugar in Indian Dessert Ghee; enjoy for breakfast on toast with almond or peanut butter, or over frozen yogurt or ice cream.
- Saute finely chopped pears, apples, figs and walnuts in Indian Dessert Ghee. Serve over brie cheese or as a topping to cottage or ricotta cheese.
Why is my ghee liquidy or grainy?
Ghee is primarily used as a cooking fat, or on top of warm foods and drinks. So no matter what the texture is, it melts into clear golden liquid in few seconds when heated. We can't guarantee a particular texture once the jar arrives. To do so, we would have to over-process the product and add fillers/stabilizers etc. and we can't, as we want to keep the product absolutely clean and all of our ghee is made traditionally, just as it has been for thousands of years in India.
Recipe Videos Using Indian Dessert Ghee
You can create many delicious dishes with Indian dessert ghee! Below, you will find a decadent Delicata Squash & Scrambled Eggs how-to recipe video that will get your mornings started right! We have listed the ingredients within the video descriptions to make prep that much easier. Let us know what you think about this recipe! Feel free to share your comments.
Delicata Squash & Scrambled Eggs
Indian Dessert Ghee Pancakes