Organic Jaggery Powder: The Healthy Alternative to Sugar
Jaggery is a traditional sweetener made by evaporating raw sugarcane juice without separating the molasses from the crystals. It is known as "panela" in South America & Mexico, "gur" in India, and is softer than refined sugar, varying in color from yellow to dark brown. Where refined sugar loses much of its nutritional content during production, jaggery contains trace minerals and vitamins, making it a truly healthier alternative sweetener.
Benefits of organic jaggery powder over refined sugar:
- Organic jaggery powder contains trace minerals not found in sugar, such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and calcium.
- Organic jaggery powder has a richer taste as compared to refined sugar.
- Organic jaggery powder is potent, a little goes a long way. Even a small piece of jaggery is deeply satisfying.
Differences between organic jaggery powder and refined sugar:
- Refined sugar is processed using chemicals to clarify the cane sugar juice syrup, whereas organic jaggery powder is produced by simply boiling this syrup without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Refined sugar is solid and crystalline, whereas organic jaggery powder is soft.
Our certified organic jaggery powder is extracted from cane plants that are grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. It is also produced without the harsh chemicals used to clarify cane sugar. Organic jaggery powder is free of the lead contamination that is sometimes found in imported jaggery.