Moringa Powder, Certified Organic - 8 oz
Moringa Powder, Certified Organic - 8 oz
Country of Origin: India
Organic Moringa Powder (Moringa oleifera).
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Best By Date?
A Best By Date is NOT an expiration date. A Best By Date serves as a "suggestion" for when a product will be of best flavor or quality. It is not a purchase or safety date. We sell products past their Best By date for a minimal discount. This offers you savings on a product which is still safe and usable for a long time. Best By Dates on USDA.gov
Order Related Questions
Orders over $125 qualify for a flat rate of $9.99. This applies to the Continental USA outside of Northeast region. This does not include Alaska or Hawaii.
ONLY NORTHEAST USA
Orders over $75 qualify for a flat rate of $5.99. This applies ONLY to the Northeastern part of the United States, including CT, DE, DC, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA.
WHAT IS YOUR HANDLING TIME?
Pure Indian Foods orders are processed, shipped, and delivered on business days: Monday-Friday (excluding weekends and major holidays). Please allow 2-4 business days for processing depending on product availability and order volume.
HOW LONG IS TRANSIT TIME
USA: On average, 5-10 business days.
Canada: On average, 6-10 business days, but sometimes longer to get through customs.
International: We do not have an estimated time for other countries.
International orders outside the USA may attract additional customs, taxes and duties upon entry to your country; this is the responsibility of the customer. If the package is refused by your country's customs department and it it sent back to us, the shipping cost will be non-refundable. Please be aware, there may be delays.
DO YOU OFFER LOCAL PICK UP?
We are online-only.
We want our customers to be satisfied with the quality of our products. If a product is damaged during shipping or you are unhappy with the product, simply let us know within 14 days after delivery, and we will try to resolve the situation to your satisfaction in a way that is fair to both parties. We are a small company and try to do our best for each situation. Please contact us if you have any questions prior to purchasing.
If you receive the order and you are not satisfied with it, you can return the merchandise in original packaging within 14 days along with the receipt. Once we receive your package, we will refund the amount charged of the items returned. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the shipping costs, unless the product is damaged or defective.
If you refuse the order or if the carrier was not able to deliver it, we will give full refund less the shipping charges.
If the shipping address that you supply is found to be incomplete or incorrect then you are responsible for the additional charges imposed by the shipping company for correcting the address.
RETURNED TO SENDER / UNDELIVERABLE
If we send you a shipment and it gets returned back to us as it was undeliverable to the address provided, we will refund the amount you had paid for the products only. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the shipping cost. We offer the option to reship the same order to an alternative address for an additional shipping fee.
Species: Moringa oleifera
Other names: Horseradish tree, benzolive, drumstick tree, nebeday
Appearance: This product contains the dried leaves of the moringa tree ground in to a bright green powder.
Typically used: Powdered
Origin: The Moringa tree is native to northwestern India and has been used for thousands of years for food, building materials and more. Moringa is widely grown, in other parts of the tropics, including tropical Asia, many regions of Africa, Indonesia, and South and Central America.
Flavor: Moringa leaves are bitter and taste a bit like horseradish, when dried it has a mild taste that can be described as fresh or “green”
Aroma: Pungent, fresh, green, like tea
Uses: The dried leaf powder can be added to any food or beverage to increase nutritional value by adding essential vitamins and minerals.
Leaves of Moringa are used to make this powder.
Moringa – "The Miracle Tree"
Moringa, often known as the “miracle tree” or “horseradish tree” is native to northwest India and was first described around 2000 BC as a medicinal herb. Moringa is also known as “Nebadaye” which in many African languages translates to “never die.” This is likely due to the fact that it is a very resilient tree that has been used by many ayurvedic practitioners for centuries for its good nutrition and health benefits.
Moringa has been called the “miracle tree” for good reason. All parts of the plant can be used, and it is very high in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids; it even contains 46 antioxidants.
- Vitamins: Vitamin A (Alpha & Beta-Carotene), B, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folate (Folic Acid), Biotin
- Minerals: Calcium, Chromium, Copper, Fluorine, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Selenium, Sulphur, Zinc
- Essential Amino Acids: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine.
- Non-essential Amino Acids: Alanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamine, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine
- Most Powerful Antioxidants: Beta-carotene, Quercetin, Chlorogenic acid.
The latin name for the Miracle Tree is Moringa oleifera, it is a member of the Moringaceae family and known by many Sanskrit names. These sanskrit names, each representative of the moringa, demonstrate different properties of the tree:
- Shobhanjana – Very auspicious tree
- Shigru – has strong, piercing qualities
- Teekshnagandha – Strong and pungent odor
Moringa has a number of important properties and qualities. In Sanskrit, these are known as Gunas:
- Guna: Light/laghu, dry/ruksha, sharp/tikshana, fluid/sara
- Post: Digestive metabolic state (vipak): pungent/katu
- Vitya: Heating/ushna
- Taste(rasa): Pungent/katu, Tikta(bitter)
20 Uses for Moringa Powder
- Moringa powder can add color and extra nutrients to any dish, try adding the powder to ghee when cooking.
- Want a refreshing and healthy treat? Mix 1/2 teaspoon of moringa powder with with ice, herbs and honey in a blender for something cool on a hot day.
- Mix with coconut oil for a rejuvenating facial mask or an application for wounds.
- A simple way to get more moringa in your diet is to add to your favorite juice and blend.
- It can be as simple as adding some moringa to your water start with 1/2 teaspoon, mix well and drink.
- Add moringa powder to your favorite smoothie.
- Dried moringa powder can be taken as a dietary supplement in a capsule.
- Make a green hummus by adding moringa to any hummus recipe.
- Mix in to any salad dressing for a slightly bitter component and a boost of vitamins and minerals.
- Sprinkle on top of a savory yogurt.
- Make sweet potato hash with ghee and add moringa powder: Saute in ghee diced regular and sweet potatoes, onion, and green pepper with moringa and salt and pepper.
- Add to any soup for a boost of green nutrition.
- Sprinkle on top of your favorite salad.
- You can use it in baking, too; bake your favorite cookie, bread, or treat and add a few tablespoons (depending on serving, consider 1/2 teaspoon per one serving).
- Make a green omelette by adding a ½ teaspoon to your scrambled eggs before cooking, or sprinkle on top!
- Try a Tea or Coffee: In blender mix Pure Indian Foods Coffee Ghee with MCT, coffee or tea, 1 teaspoon ground moringa powder.
- Add to your golden milk: Combine hot milk (dairy free substitute: coconut milk or almond milk) with 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric, 2 teaspoons of ghee. Optional: add 1 tablespoon of raw honey. If you’re drinking before bed, add ½ teaspoon each of nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom for extra benefits.
- Mix with your matcha or matcha latte in the morning, they have similar flavor profiles and appearance.
- Moringa makes a great toothpaste: mix ¼ cup Calcium Carbonate Powder, 3 Tablespoons Xylitol powder, ¼ cup MCT oil (plus more for thinning if needed), 1/2 teaspoon moringa powder (start here and work your way up)
- Make an avocado moringa face or hair mask: 1 tablespoon moringa powder, 1 ripe avocado (mashed), 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice or water.
Hair: Use as a deep conditioner, apply to damp, clean hair and let sit 20-30 minutes before washing out.
Face: Clean face as usual and apply to face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Hi! I'm Sandeep.
I travel to India, Asia, South America, and Europe to bring you back some of the most pristine, pure, organic clean ingredients in the world. All the products you'll find here at Pure Indian Foods are ones that me and my family use personally.
My family has been making ghee since 1889. Today, my wife, Nalini (aka "The Ghee Lady"), carries on this tradition. She still makes all the ghee and tightens every jar by hand.
We are passionate about bringing you traditional and nourishing foods. It's our labor of love and service to human-kind. Thank you for supporting our small family business.