Digestive Ghee, Grassfed & Certified Organic - 7.8 oz
Couldn't load pickup availability
Country of Origin
Country of Origin
The flavor has a similar hint of spices used in Chai Tea; it is subtle but definitely adds depth.
NO...GMOs, Added Salt, Preservatives, Trans Fats, Colors or Dyes, No MSG, No Flavor Enhancers.
Packed in Glass
Our digestive Indian ghee is pure clarified butter made from non-homogenized cow's milk and flavored with organic cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger. The difference between grass fed ghee and butter is that the protein solids and sugars are removed from ghee, yielding a healthier option for cooking than butter. Pure Indian Foods' digestive ghee is easy on the stomach, and features a similar taste to Chai Tea, giving it a subtle depth of flavor.
How to use Digestive Ghee
- Stir Digestive Ghee into hot cooked oatmeal.
- Use melted Digestive Ghee in place of oil when making granola.
- Stir a tsp of Digestive Ghee into hot milk; add honey, vanilla or rose water. Please note that Ayurveda recommends that ghee and honey should not be mixed in equal quantity by weight. One spoon of honey weighs the same as one and a half spoons of ghee.
- Warm Digestive Ghee with maple syrup and a drop of vanilla – pour over pancakes.
- Top French toast with Digestive Ghee.
- Make cinnamon toast with Digestive Ghee, cinnamon, and brown sugar; broil until crispy.
- Melt Digestive Ghee over hot baked sweet potatoes.
- Stir a tsp of Digestive Ghee into warm rice pudding or tapioca.
- Stir Digestive Ghee into hot couscous; serve with vegetables, lamb, chicken, or legumes.
- Saute sliced apples, pears, figs and dates in Digestive Ghee; use as a topping for hot cereals, ice cream, yogurt, or stirred into rice and served as a side dish to a main meal.
- Use Digestive Ghee in place of pats of butter on top of apples and pears when making pies, crisps, and cobblers.
- Melt Digestive Ghee in warmed coconut milk and drink it as is or with a spoonful of dark chocolate chips stirred in.
Orders over $125 qualify for a flat rate of $9.99. This applies to the Continental USA outside of Northeast region. This does not include Alaska or Hawaii.
ONLY NORTHEAST USA
Orders over $75 qualify for a flat rate of $5.99. This applies ONLY to the Northeastern part of the United States, including CT, DE, DC, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA.
WHAT IS YOUR HANDLING TIME?
Pure Indian Foods orders are processed, shipped, and delivered on business days: Monday-Friday (excluding weekends and major holidays). Please allow 2-4 business days for processing depending on product availability and order volume.
HOW LONG IS TRANSIT TIME
USA: On average, 5-10 business days.
Canada: On average, 6-10 business days, but sometimes longer to get through customs.
International: We do not have an estimated time for other countries.
International orders outside the USA may attract additional customs, taxes and duties upon entry to your country; this is the responsibility of the customer. If the package is refused by your country's customs department and it it sent back to us, the shipping cost will be non-refundable. Please be aware, there may be delays.
DO YOU OFFER LOCAL PICK UP?
We are online-only.
We want our customers to be satisfied with the quality of our products. If a product is damaged during shipping or you are unhappy with the product, simply let us know within 14 days after delivery, and we will try to resolve the situation to your satisfaction in a way that is fair to both parties. We are a small company and try to do our best for each situation. Please contact us if you have any questions prior to purchasing.
If you receive the order and you are not satisfied with it, you can return the merchandise in original packaging within 14 days along with the receipt. Once we receive your package, we will refund the amount charged of the items returned. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the shipping costs, unless the product is damaged or defective.
If you refuse the order or if the carrier was not able to deliver it, we will give full refund less the shipping charges.
If the shipping address that you supply is found to be incomplete or incorrect then you are responsible for the additional charges imposed by the shipping company for correcting the address.
RETURNED TO SENDER / UNDELIVERABLE
If we send you a shipment and it gets returned back to us as it was undeliverable to the address provided, we will refund the amount you had paid for the products only. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the shipping cost. We offer the option to reship the same order to an alternative address for an additional shipping fee.
Hi! I'm Sandeep.
I travel to India, Asia, South America, and Europe to bring you back some of the most pristine, pure, organic clean ingredients in the world. All the products you'll find here at Pure Indian Foods are ones that me and my family use personally.
My family has been making ghee since 1889. Today, my wife, Nalini (aka "The Ghee Lady"), carries on this tradition. She still makes all the ghee and tightens every jar by hand.
We are passionate about bringing you traditional and nourishing foods. It's our labor of love and service to human-kind. Thank you for supporting our small family business.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.