PRIMALFAT® Coconut Ghee
Wondering where to buy virgin coconut oil? Right here! Our PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee is a 50/50 blend of organic grass-fed ghee and organic virgin coconut oil. This is truly a delicious, powerfully nutritious natural cooking and baking blend that we think you'll love.
Virgin coconut oil has a low smoke point, limiting its uses in cooking. Our coconut ghee, however, is great for high-heat cooking: baking, sauteing, & stir-frying. Coconut ghee is the best fat/oil for all of your cooking!
Why You'll Love Cooking with a Virgin Coconut Oil Ghee Blend
This is truly a delicious, powerfully nutritious natural cooking and baking blend that we think you'll love. Here's why:
- Coconut oil has a low smoke point, limiting its uses in cooking. Blending with ghee naturally increases the smoke point, making our Coconut Ghee ideal for higher-heat cooking.
- Both coconut oil and ghee are natural, health building fats that complement one another beautifully, providing nutritional excellence with great taste and versatility. Ghee is rich in fat-soluble vitamins and short-chain fatty acids, whereas Coconut oil is rich in easily digestible medium-chain fatty acids that provide warmth and energy.
- Ideal for baking, sauteing, stir-frying and more. It adds delicate, exquisite flavor to all of your favorite foods and recipes without an overpowering coconut flavor.
- Coconut ghee is a shelf-stable, natural blend that, unlike polyunsaturated fats, is not susceptible to rancidity; it does not need refrigeration to stay fresh.
- No GMOs, no added salt, no preservatives, no Trans Fats, no colors or dyes, no MSG, no flavor enhancers. The only two ingredients are ghee and organic virgin coconut oil, with absolutely nothing else added to it.
Tips and Ideas for Cooking with Our Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Ghee
- Scramble or fry eggs in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee - they won't stick to the pan.
- Make a French-style omelet with PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee; it's firm and won't turn brown like with butter.
- Saute veggies such as onion, tomato, and mushrooms in PRIMALFAT (TM) Coconut Ghee; whisk in beaten eggs and make a breakfast frittata.
- Saute garlic in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and use it to make out-of-this-world hummus.
- Saute onions, garlic and zucchini in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee. Bake red or white potatoes. Stuff with sauteed vegetables.
- Ideal for sauteing or caramelizing onions.
- Mash into baked potatoes with sour cream and chives.
- Saute mushrooms in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee with a splash of wine and a pinch of salt for the best mushrooms ever!
- Stir into piping hot soup just before serving.
- Make coconut cream of asparagus soup: Simmer cut up asparagus in chicken stock until tender. Puree in a blender; add coconut milk and PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee. Season to taste with herbs and spices.
- Toss quartered sweet potatoes with melted PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee. Season with salt and pepper; bake at 400 degrees F until tender. Serve on a platter with pecans that have been sauteed in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and maple syrup.
- Combine minced garlic with plenty of dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley. Add salt, pepper, and enough PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee to make an herb paste; rub into a chicken and roast until done - be sure to baste with pan juices!
- Drizzle over fresh steamed veggies.
- Stir-fry greens such as kale, collards, and Swiss chard in PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee for great flavor and digestibility.
- Coat root vegetables with PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, salt, and pepper; cover and roast at 425 degrees F until tender.
- Mash into hot baked potato, or stir into hot mashed potatoes.
- Rub PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee into the skins of potatoes or sweet potatoes; prick with a fork and bake at 400 degrees F until tender.
- PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee is the secret to making perfect Hollandaise Sauce; it's a perfect butter substitute and it's easy to work with.
- Delicious in Bolognese Sauce as is or with olive oil.
- Mix 1/2 cup melted PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee with 1/2 cup olive oil; refrigerate in container with lid and use for sauteing, spreading, and in sauces calling for olive oil.
- Simmer PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and a sprig of fresh thyme. Add salt and pour over cooked fish.
- Use to saute lean turkey bacon; works great, tastes great, and won't stick to the pan.
- Melt PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Brush half over fish before baking and drizzle with the remainder before serving.
- Drizzle over fish, lobster, scallops, and crab.
- Make a wonderful meal by rubbing chicken breasts with a combination of PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 375 degrees F until done. Meanwhile, cook brown rice or quinoa pasta. Toss with PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee, garlic, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Serve with a fresh green salad.
- Mix PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee and coconut oil; saute bananas with brown sugar; top with cream or ice cream.
- Use in place of butter for drizzling over veggies, toast, pancakes, waffles, grain dishes, fish, poultry, and meats.
- Pack it up for traveling, camping, picnicking, and hiking - it's shelf-stable and doesn't need refrigeration.
- Keep lips moist: use PRIMALFAT Coconut Ghee in place of lip balm.
- Enjoy straight out of the jar!
Why is my ghee liquidy or grainy?
Ghee is primarily used as a cooking fat, or on top of warm foods and drinks. So no matter what the texture is, it melts into clear golden liquid in few seconds when heated. We can't guarantee a particular texture once the jar arrives. To do so, we would have to over-process the product and add fillers/stabilizers etc. and we can't, as we want to keep the product absolutely clean and all of our ghee is made traditionally, just as it has been for thousands of years in India.
Recipe Videos Using Coconut Ghee
Coconut Ghee is an incredibly versatile option that can be used in everything from desserts to stir-fry and to add a healthy twist to traditional holiday dishes. Below are some delicious and nutritious Whole30-friendly how-to recipe videos to get your creative ideas flowing. We hope you enjoy these recipes, and please feel free to share!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Holiday Sweet Potatoes
Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
Almond Coconut Crusted Fried Chicken
All-Natural Paleo Salisbury Steak