Hot sauce is ancient food. Historians believe it was created sometime around 7000 BC. That’s how long people have been craving spicy, flavorful hot sauce. Or at least, that’s when the Aztecs did something about it! They combined chili peppers with water and brilliantly used it for whatever they could, from food to medicine. They even used it as a weapon in war; chili peppers can be serious business!
In fact, chili pepper fans already know that ghost peppers are among the hottest chili peppers in the world, topping more than 1 million Scoville units of SERIOUS heat! These not-so-innocent North Indian beauties can either light your fire or flat-out make you cry. Or both. But whether you’re one of those people who can really take the heat or someone who wants just a little heat at just the right time and in just the right amount, then we’ve got you covered with KICK™ HOT SAUCE – our fiery, mango-sweet-and-savory smoked ghost pepper hot sauce.
Our Kick™ Hot Sauce is darn spicy for sure, but you won’t need it to ward off your enemies. It’s flavorful, slightly sweet, savory, balanced, smooth and all-around lovely. It’s perfect for medium to extreme heat lovers. We start with whole smoked ghost peppers – smoked peppers have deeper, fully developed flavor. We simmer the peppers with sweet red bell peppers, carrots, garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Then we add our elegant, naturally sweet Alphonso Mango Purée along with a splash of organic vinegar. Perfect!
A little goes a long way. For some of you, several drops will do the trick; for others, just a drop of two is all you need. Start small; work your way up to what’s right for you. Try a drop or more with the following:
- Scrambled eggs and deviled eggs
- Bean dip / Smoked salmon dip / French onion dip / Any favorite dip
- Hummus and guacamole
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise or chipotle chili mayonnaise (to kick ‘em up a notch or two)
- Bloody Marys!!
- Pesto, pizza and pasta sauces (great with marinara and meat sauces)
- Fruit salad dressing to make a fired-up fruit salad
- Melted ghee – perfect to drizzle over popcorn, vegetables, grains, beans and meats. Delicious with saffron and spices basted over roasted chicken
- Cheese sauce and grilled cheese sandwiches
- Make a dipping sauce from mayo, soy sauce, sesame oil, ketchup, and hot sauce.
- Stir fries and sauteed vegetables
- Soups (vegetable, bean/lentil, miso, chicken, Thai coconut, etc.) and chili
- Brines and marinades for meats and tofu
- Sauteed or simmered greens (spinach, chard, collards, etc.)
- Fish, shrimp, scallops, oysters, mussels, etc.
- Salad dressing (just one drop should do the trick)
- Lentils and Beans
- Indian food / Mexican Food / Moroccan Food / African Food / Any Food