Ghee FAQ 》
How to Open Jar 》
Is My Ghee Texture Normal? 》
How to Use Ghee 》
Ghee vs Cultured Ghee 》
Find a Recipe 》
Order Sample Size 》
Turmeric has many benefits that have been recognized in both traditional and scientific literature, and this flavored ghee encompasses many of them. We gently infuse our cultured ghee with turmeric and add ginger and black pepper for synergistic balance, and the result of these Ayurveda methods is this deep-golden Turmeric Superghee, which is incredibly nutritious and delicious, and it is also grassfed and certified organic.
How to use Turmeric Superghee
- Stir into hot milk, coconut or almond milk that has been blended with dates, coconut, and cardamom.
- Add a teaspoon to freshly brewed hot coffee, mix it well with a hand blender or a frother, and enjoy Paleo Butter Coffee that has an extra kick of turmeric.
- Rub a spoonful over both sides of boneless turkey tenderloin, chicken breasts or chicken thighs. Grill and season to taste.
- Pan-fry red onion, yellow pepper, and green peas. Stir into hot cooked rice or quinoa.
- Stir into hot tea with added milk and honey, Jaggery, or coconut palm sugar.
- Scramble eggs and tomatoes. Serve as is or wrapped in a tortilla with avocado slices.
- Stir a spoonful into hot bone broth. Sip for good health!
- Pan-fry garbanzo beans with garlic and cayenne pepper.
- Sauté vegetables such as leafy greens, cabbage, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
- Stir a spoonful into simmering pasta sauce.
Does Turmeric Superghee stain more than cooking with turmeric?Yes, it may stain more than cooking with regular turmeric. Here is why: to make our Turmeric Superghee, we use a special variety of turmeric which is extremely high in curcumin (4-5% by weight). Curcumin is what gives brilliant color to turmeric, and curcumin is the most researched active principle of turmeric. We then further concentrate curcumin during the making of Turmeric Superghee and it becomes fat-soluble. Since fat penetrates deeper, it will stain harder. As long as you are a bit careful in using it, the benefits outweigh the risk of staining by a wide margin. We recommend not using wooden cooking utensils, as the wood will stain. Please use metal to prevent staining.
Turmeric’s benefits have been recognized in both traditional and scientific literature. Turmeric has traditionally been consumed by cooking it in ghee or other fats. Using ancient Ayurvedic methods, we gently infuse our cultured ghee with turmeric, adding ginger and black pepper for synergistic balance. The result is a deep-golden Turmeric Superghee(TM), a convenient, effective and delightful way to incorporate turmeric into your daily life.
"Throughout my life, I’ve been lucky to witness both my mother, and then my wife cook the most delicious, nourishing Indian food by making use of a myriad of fragrant, time-honored spices, most notably turmeric, ginger and black pepper. As a trained herbalist, I have a deep appreciation for the properties of these and other great spices. Once, while visiting a farm in a mountainous region of India, I saw these three spices growing quite close to each to other. Deep inside, I was aware of their powerful synergy and knew intuitively that if they grew so beautifully while being so close in nature, that both science and tradition would support their union. This product is a result of my many years of research and testing. I want everyone to benefit from it. I hope you enjoy it."
- Sandeep Agarwal, formulator
View this post on Instagram
We won three awards at this year's International Herb Symposium! Turmeric Superghee got 3rd prize, and Curry in a Hurry won a 1st prize in Simply Delicious category. Pure Indian Foods received the grand prize also! #ihs2019 #ihs #internationaherbsymposium #herbsymposium . Https://www.pureindianfoods.com