Gluten-Free Banana-Oatmeal-Chocolate-Chip Cookies Using Digestive Ghee
Sift dry ingredients together:
• ½ cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour = 200 cals.
• ½ cup Gluten-Free Rolled Oats = 150 cals.
• 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder = 20 cals.
• 1 tsp. Xanthan gum = 25 cals.
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 1 tsp. Baking soda
• 1 tsp. Cinnamon + ½ tsp. cardamom (optional)
Mix (w/electric mixer) wet ingredients together, in this order:
• 1/4 cup Pure Indian Foods Digestive Ghee; at room temperature = 500 cals.
• + 1 Tbsp. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil = 125 cals.
• 6 Tbsp. (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.) Coconut Crystals = 180 cals.
• Then mix in, ONE AT A TIME:
• 1 egg or egg substitute (use 2-3 teaspoons of Xanthan gum as a binder if using egg substitute) = 75 cals.
• 1 Tbsp. ½ and ½ = 20 cals.
• Large banana, pre-mashed separately! = 125 cals.
• 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Then mix in, A LITTLE AT A TIME, THE FLOUR MIXTURE.
• Lastly, ADD IN AND STIR BY HAND, NOT WITH MIXER:
• 4 Tbsp. (¼-cup) chocolate chips = 450 cals.
• 1/3 cup currants = 100 cals.
• Mix dry into wet; refrigerate for an hour; form into 1/4-cup cookies and bake @ 375 for 15 minutes.
Total = 1970 cals. NINE 1/4-cup cookies = 218 cals. per cookie.
Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With electric mixer, mix butter and sugars together, on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Next, add in, one at a time, the egg, milk, banana and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, Xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and spices. Next, slowly mix the flour into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips and currants in, stirring in BY HAND. Chill in the refrigerator until firm. Bake for 17 minutes.