Popcorn is America's favorite snack and it takes only minutes to make. Making popcorns in the microwave is easy but may not good for you. Here is a simple recipe to make popcorn on stove:
• A large heavy-bottom pot with lid
• 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
• 2 tablespoons of grass-fed organic ghee
• Sea salt to taste
1. Melt ghee in the pot over medium heat.
2. Place 2-3 popcorn kernels in the pot to see if the ghee is hot enough.
3. When the kernels begin to pop, remove the pot from the heat.
4. Pour all the kernels in the pot and put the lid on the pot in such a way that it allows some steam to escape.
5. Put the pot back on the heat and popping will start in less than a minute.
6. Remove the pot from heat when popping slows.
7. Sprinkle sea salt and mix well.
If you love ghee as much as we do then go ahead and drizzle some more melted ghee on top. Enjoy!
Since ghee has a high smoke point (~485 °F), it is perfect for making popcorn. You get all the buttery taste without any burnt flavor. It is important to use organic corn kernels, as the conventional corn may be genetically modified (GMO).
"I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE making popcorn in grass-fed organic ghee!! Tastes just as good as movie theater popcorn!"
- Stacy from Livermore, California